Saturday, August 1, 2020

Pumpkin Spice Fall Card

I've decided to focus on using stamps, dies and stencils that I HAD to have but never used. (Do you ever do that?) I have thousands of stamps and dies - literally! - and have only used perhaps 10% of them. It's time to ink up those babies!

For today's card, I used a stamp set and two dies I'd purchased but never used. I also used one of my favorite stencils.


The main image is an exclusive Art Impressions/Simon Says Stamp set called "Pumpkin Spice" (Stamptember 2018).

The final card measures 5" x 7". I colored the main image (ladies) with Copics and fussy cut them. My patterned layers are from a harvest-themed cardstock book I purchased last year from Michael's (and also never used, until now).

For the scenery behind the ladies, I cut a 4.125" x 4.125" square of white cardstock. I masked a small area on the bottom (for the dirt) and colored it with Gathered Twigs Distressed Oxide ink and a blender tool. I created the cloud layered by masking off the ground (so I wouldn't get any blue on the dirt) and using the My Favorite Things Mini Cloud Edges Stencil, Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink, and a blender tool.

I die cut the grass and fence on white cardstock from two die sets (Farm Fence Die-Namics by My Favorite Things and Natural Elements Synergy Dies by Stamps By Me,) then used a blender tool with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink and Gathered Twigs/Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink. After I layered all of the elements, the background looked like this:






The grass die wasn't quite long enough for the entire panel, but the ladies cover the center, so I just cut it in half and stretched it to the edges.


I assembled all of the layers and popped up the ladies and sentiment with foam dots. Finally, I added a few Light Topaz Swarovski crystals for sparkle.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Pumpkin Spice stamp set (Art Impressions/Simon Says Stamp Stamptember 2018 exclusive, retired)
  • Mini Cloud Edges Stencil (My Favorite Things)
  • Farm Fence Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Natural Elements Synergy Dies (Stamps By Me)
I hope you have a pumpkin-spicy day!

4 comments:

  1. Just love those ladies! Think we are all guilty of impulse buys, but you certainly made greats use of yours. Thanks for sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! ❤ It reminds me of my bestie. Sure miss being able to sit and have coffee with her.

    ReplyDelete