Friday, August 7, 2020

MFT Summer School Day 4: Ombre

I'm continuing on my mission to use stamps, dies and stencils that I HAD to have, yet have never used. Today, I'm playing along with My Favorite Things' Summer School Challenge: Day 4 (Ombre). I was able to use two stamp sets and a stencil I'd never used before.

Ombre is a technique in which a color blends into a different hue of itself, like dark navy to light blue. I mainly use Copics when I color, and blending colors is the most important technique, so I do this a lot.


For the ombre challenge, I decided to color the flowers with ombre on the petals (from dark to light, starting at the base). Typically, when I color flowers, I add some dark accents at the ends of the petals to make them look more realistic, so this was a different approach.

The final card measures 5" x 6.5". I stamped the flowers with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Copic XPress-It Blending Card, then did some extensive Copic coloring. I fussy cut them and added foam dots to the back.

For the background, I cut a 4.75" x 6.25" panel of black cardstock. I heat-embossed the sentiment with Versafine ink and Ranger Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder. I taped the stencil over the panel and carefully used a palette knife to spread Silver Gina K Glitz Glimmer Gel over part of it, covering about 2/3 of the panel with the sparkly gel.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Brilliant Blooms stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Beautiful Blessings 2 stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Halftone Stencil (Altenew)
Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Versafine ink (clear)
  • Ranger Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
  • Silver Gina K Glitz Glimmer Gel
  • Black and pink cardstock
I hope your day is filled with all good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment