Sunday, August 9, 2020

MFT Summer School Day 5: White Space

Well, I completed all five days of MFT's "Summer School!" I really enjoyed playing along, seeing others' interpretations of the challenges, and challenging myself to use stamps, dies and stencils I'd bought because I "NEEDED" them but never used.

The final Summer School challenge is "white space," or leaving lots of open, uncolored space on your card (even if the cardstock isn't white). Clean and simple (CAS) designs are NOT my style, as I prefer to color everything by hand, but I enjoyed the challenge... and I even used two stamp sets I'd never used before!


This was a very simple, one-layered, 4.25" x 5.5" card. I stamped the flowers and bees on Copic XPress-It Blending Card, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored them (rather quickly) with Copics, and then stamped the sentiment in Tuxedo Black on the top, left corner. I mounted the panel on Poppy Parade paper. Since I was aiming for a CAS design, I didn't add any sparkly embellishments, as I normally do.

And I "graduated" from summer school!


List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Fine-Lined Floral rubber cling stamp (My Favorite Things)
  • Hapbee stamp set (Paperie Ink)
Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Stampin' Up Poppy Parade cardstock
I hope your day is totally SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment