Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Tool Time Card

My brother-in-law, uncle, and dad all have birthdays within the next few weeks, so I needed some quick-and-easy masculine cards. I'd never used any of these dies or stamps, so I decided to try them out. I finished all three cards in a few hours, so it was definitely what I needed!


This is a 4.25" x 5.5" card. My first task was to make the tools. I die cut 6+ full sets of the Tool Time Die-Namics because I wanted the tools to be 3D and realistic. I pasted the "metal" layers together and painted them with Silver Alcohol Ink. I used scraps of a wood-patterned cardstock for the hammer's handle. I pasted the "handles" together, colored them with Copics, and assembled all of the tools. For the finishing touches, I used a silver metallic pen to draw the screws on the saw and covered all of the tool handles with Glossy Accents, which made them look like plastic. I love these little tools! Here is a closer look at them:


I die cut the Pegboard Cover-Up Die-Namics on kraft paper, then used Distress Oxides to "grunge it up." I wanted the card front to be extra sturdy, so I added an extra kraft layer behind the pegboard. I heat-embossed the sentiment on vellum, then wrapped that around the pegboard. Just for some more texture, I added "screws" (brads) at the corners and glued everything together. The card front has so much texture and dimension!


For the inside of the card, I added a black mat and stamped the sentiment and tool elements with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.


List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Tool Time Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Pegboard Cover-Up Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Let's Tool Around stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Anything-But-Basic B-Day Wishes stamp set (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Kraft, black, white and vellum cardstock
  • Silver Alcohol Ink
  • Onyx Black Versafine Ink
  • Ranger Super-Fine Black Embossing Powder
  • Distress Oxides (twig and espresso)
  • Silver screw-shaped brads
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment