Monday, August 31, 2020

Hibiscus Panel Card

I decided to play along with two My Favorite Things challenges this week: Sketch Challenge 504 and Color Challenge 148. I decided to tackle both challenges with one card. I also managed to use a stamp I'd never used before, so I'm still working my way through my craft room.


This is a 4.25" x 5.5" card (top fold). I stamped the Harmonious Hibiscus Background Stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Copic XPress-It Cardstock and colored everything with Copics. I trimmed the panel to 3" x 5" and cut a fishtail into the bottom (to match the sketch). I didn't have a cardstock that matched the blue, so I used white cardstock and ran my blue Copic around the edges (so it looks like a blue cardstock layer). For the gray color (challenge requirement), I added three strips of sparkly, silver washi tape. I felt like it needed more embellishment, so I added a few enamel dots.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Harmonious Hibiscus Background cling stamp (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Silver washi tape
  • Altenew "Pocketful of Sunshine" Enamel Dots
I hope your day is full of sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks your bright post and wishes for sunshine! Your card is amazing, I love the bold use of colors!

    ReplyDelete