Wednesday, August 5, 2020

MFT's Summer School Day 3: Symmetry

I'm continuing on my mission to use stamps, dies and stencils that I HAD to have, yet have never used. Today, I'm playing along with My Favorite Things' Summer School Challenge: Day 3 (Symmetry). I was able to use a die set and stencil I'd never used before, as well as a stamp set I'd only used once.

MFT's definition of symmetry is: "Symmetry refers to positioning your elements mirrored across an imaginary line that divides your project into even segments." In essence, if you folded the card in half either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally, each half would mirror the other.


I usually build scenes on my card, so symmetry isn't something I practice often. Today's card was a fun challenge.

The final card measures 4.25" x 5.5". I stamped the adorable little monsters with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Copic XPress-It Blending Card, then did some quick coloring with Copics. I fussy cut them and stamped/cut the sentiment on a 0.5" tall strip of white cardstock. I added foam dots to the back of the monsters and the sentiment.

I had some fun with the background! I took a piece of black cardstock and cut the windows with the Square Trio Shaker Window Die Set. After that, I placed the Inward Elements Stencil over the panel, taped it down, and grabbed my palette knife and Lilac Blush Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste. I'd never used this paste before, and it had an unusual texture, like whipped cream cheese. I spread the paste over the stencil with the palette knife, then carefully peeled back the stencil. I dried the paste-coated panel with my embossing gun. IT'S SO SUPER SPARKLY!!!!

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Fab-BOO-lous Friends stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Square Trio Shaker Window Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Inward Elements Stencil (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Lilac Blush Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste
  • Black and white cardstock
I enjoyed challenging myself with a "symmetrical" card, and the texture paste was so much fun! I hope you have a super sparkly day!

No comments:

Post a Comment