Friday, August 14, 2020

Get Well Nurse Norma Card

When I was in the hospital last year, a colleague sent me several funny cards, and they really lifted my spirits. Next week, she's having surgery, so I want to return the favor. This is the first card I made for her, featuring the very sexy Nurse Norma!


Nurse Norma may have to wear her white uniform in her blue, sterile environment, but she still manages to get her sexy on with her pink socks, shoes, and glasses. She even managed to sneak a pink tissue box onto her station. You go, girl!

Anyone who's spent any time in a hospital knows that a hospital is where you go for treatment, but you go HOME if you want rest. Constant noise, interruptions, machines taking your blood pressure... not exactly a relaxing environment.

This was a one-layered 4.25" x 5.5" card. I stamped Nurse Norma and her matching sentiment. I decided she needed some medical supplies, so I stamped several small images (pill bottle, band-aids, and a tissue box) from a WPlus9 stamp set. I drew the counter underneath, and voila! She has a nurse's station!

I colored everything with Copics and added a cute, striped My Favorite Things paper as the bottom mat. It's hard to tell, but the walls behind Norma are a pale blue, too. No wonder she needs her pink accessories!

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Nurse Norma cling stamp set (Art Impressions, retired)
  • Get Well Gang stamp set (WPlus9)
Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • My Favorite Things black-and-white striped paper
I hope you have a healthy, restful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment