Monday, August 3, 2020

MFT Summer School Day 1: Visual Triangle

Well, I'm still committed to using stamps, dies and stencils that I HAD to have, yet have never used. Today, I'm playing along with My Favorite Things' Summer School Challenge: Day 1 (Visual Triangle). I was able to use THREE stamp sets that I've purchased over the past year but never used before.

I made this card for a colleague's young daughter. She had an organ transplant in 2019 and was stuck at home for half of the school year, and then COVID trapped her at home for the rest of the year (as it did to most other children). I'm hoping that this little surprise card will cheer her up!


OMG, you have no idea how hard it is for me to do a clean-and-simple (CAS) design!! I want to draw a background and add crystals SO BADLY, but the challenge was to show a visual triangle (three focal points on the card, so your eyes travel naturally over it).

The final card measures 5" x 6.5". I stamped the fairies with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Copic XPress-It Blending Card, then stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment (Versafine Onyx Black ink and Ranger Super Fine Detail Black Embossing Powder). I saved the wildflowers for later, as I wasn't sure which colors I would use yet.

I did a quick Copic coloring of the fairies. After they were done, I chose two green ink pads (Stampin' Up Gable Green and Cucumber Crush), and I immediately remembered why I almost never use SU ink pads. That awful flip design is SO MESSY, and my hands look like the Incredible Hulk's, even though I was very careful! Ugh. At least the flowers stamped well.

I used a green Copic marker to draw some tiny veins on the leaves, and then I used some Flamingo Liquid Pearls for berries and Diamond Stickles for the dandelions and the fairies' wings. I practically had to sit on my hands to stop embellishing at that point. NEED... MORE... SPARKLE!! 😉 I added a pretty, pastel paper as a mat under my one-layered panel. I can't remember the last time I DIDN'T use foam dots somewhere!

List of all stamps used on this card:
  • Flower Fairies stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Flower Silhouettes stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • You Give Me Butterflies stamp set (My Favorite Things) 
Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Stampin' Up Gable Green Ink
  • Stampin' Up Cucumber Crush Ink
  • Versafine Onyx Black Ink
  • Ranger Super Fine Detail Black Embossing Powder
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Flamingo Liquid Pearls
  • Diamond Stickles
    It was fun to try a different style than I usually do, and I hope you enjoyed this project!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment