Sunday, August 16, 2020

Doctor Shark Get Well Card

This is the second get well card I've made for a colleague who's having surgery this week. I got a little silly with this one, and I mixed several unrelated stamp sets to create a superhero Doctor Shark, complete with the song!


Does the sentiment make you sing the song? My colleague has two young grandchildren, so I'm SURE she knows the Baby Shark song. The inside sentiment says, "GET WELL SOON, DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO!"

This is a 4.25" x 5.5" card. I stamped all of the MFT characters, as well as the medicine bag and top of the mouse nurse's head/hat from the Doctor's Helpers (Create a Smile) stamp set. Since I color with Copics, I stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Copic XPress-It Cardstock.

I colored everything with Copics and fussy cut all of the elements. I created my background water panel with Distress Oxide inks, then splattered it with water and quickly patted it dry. That gave the water the cool water spots. Next, I taped the Sun Background Stencil (Hero Arts) over the panel, and I used a palette knife to spread Iridescent Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel.

I printed the sentiment, and then I popped up the characters and sentiment with foam dots. OMG, it's so sparkly! Here's an angled photo, as well as a video, so you can see the sparkle.




List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Friends with Fins stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Gill Friends stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Doctor's Helpers stamp set (Create a Smile)
  • Sun Background Stencil (Hero Arts)
Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Iridescent Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel
  • White cardstock
Thanks so much, doo doo doo doo doo doo!

No comments:

Post a Comment