Monday, August 24, 2020

Thankful for You Scarecrow Card

I'm still on a mission to use stamps, dies, and stencils that I "NEEDED" to buy, but never used. Today, I managed to ink up three stamp sets that had only been gathering dust... until now.


I bought the scarecrow stamp several years ago because he was just so cute, and I finally colored him and put him on a card! On AI's packaging, he's colored in very somber, dark, autumn tones. I wanted to make him a cheerful, friendly scarecrow with his sweet bluebird friend.

This is a 5" x 6.5" card. I stamped the character with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Copic XPress-It Cardstock, and then created the background panel by stamping the tractor and pumpkins (masking one to make a pair) on a 6.25" x 4.75" Copic XPress-It cardstock piece.

I colored everything with Copics and fussy cut the scarecrow. I used the Mini Cloud Stencil and my Copics to draw and color the clouds, and I stamped the sentiment onto the finished, colored panel. I popped up the scarecrow with foam dots, then added some fun green, plaid cardstock for the bottom mat.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Happy Fall Set cling stamps (Art Impressions, retired)
  • WC Harvest Set cling stamps (Art Impressions)
  • BB Fall Friends stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Mini Cloud Stencil (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Double-sided tape and foam dots
  • Lawn Fawn plaid cardstock
Thank you for stopping by to read my post!

No comments:

Post a Comment