Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Two Frankenbatty Halloween Cards

I've made Halloween cards during a few years, but it's definitely not a regular thing for me. Normally, I just don't get into "spooky" images. A few weeks ago, I created this spooky-cute card. Today, I created two more spooky/Halloween cards... and it's JUNE! I'm not sure what's going on with my brain, but I'm enjoying the spooky-cute stuff lately.

I actually created TWO versions of this card, because I love the image so much:


The main image is a digital stamp called "Franken Batty" by KristaSmithStamps (Etsy).

Both cards are slimline (3.5" x 7") card, and the main image fills most of that space. I colored the image with Copics and then fussy cut her. On the "in color" card, the sentiment is from a retired Witt & Sass stamp set ("Sexy Hexy Hilda"), which I cut into two pieces to better fit the card. On the monochromatic card, I used an old wood-mounted stamp ("Happy Halloween 02"). I popped the images and sentiments up with foam dots, layered several patterned papers, and added some Swarovski crystals for bling.

Here's a better look at the "in color" card:





And here's a closer look at the monochromatic card. I was aiming for a "classic monster movie" vibe but may have ended up closer to "mug shot" instead. I suspect this duo was picked up on a Drunk & Disorderly charge, and the bat may still be drunk.



List of all stamps/dies used on these cards:
  • Frankenbatty digital stamp (KristaSmithStamps)
  • Sexy Hexy Hilda stamp set (Witt & Sass Stamps, retired) 
  • Happy Halloween 02 wood-mounted stamp (Stampabilities)
I hope you have a ghoulishly fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment