Tuesday, June 9, 2020

March to the Beat of Your Own Drum

Today, I've created a fun, music-themed card. This card would work for almost any occasion: birthday, thinking of you, encouragement, etc.


The main image is a digital stamp called "Music Digital Stamp" by Sweet Escape Digis (Etsy).

The sheet music background paper is glittery, and I bought it several years ago. It's been sitting in the box of specialty cardstock, just waiting for the right image to pair with it. When I saw this happy girl, I knew they belonged together!

I colored her with Copics and fussy cut her. I stamped the sentiment (from Strike up the Band by My Favorite Things) and die cut all of the music notes. Since the background paper has a light glitter on it, the music notes needed some glitter, too. I covered them in Fire Engine Red Microfine Glitter (Sparkle and Sprinkle). I popped up the girl and sentiment for some dimension, and the other music notes are glued directly on the background paper.

TIP: When you're glittering an entire die-cut element, either use cardstock close to your glitter color or use a marker/pencil to color it before adding the glitter. For example, I cut all of my notes out of the same red cardstock that you see on the base layer. If you do that, you don't have to worry as much about whether there are tiny spots where glitter doesn't stick/cover. Everything will blend!

It's a little difficult to see just how sparkly everything is from the photo, so here's a video:


List of all stamps/dies used on this card:
  • Music digital stamp (Sweet Escape Digis)
  • BB Strike up the Band stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Treble Clef die (CAS-UAL Fridays)
  • Little Music Notes die set (Lawn Fawn)
I hope you have a rockin' day!

2 comments: