Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Coloring Challenge Day 2: Thinking of You

It's Day 2 of Krista Smith Stamps' 5-Day Coloring Challenge, and this is my project (Thinking of You Theme). Today's card has a deeper meaning to me. First, the card:


The main image is a digital stamp called "Fall Weather" by Krista Smith Stamps. And now, the deeper meaning:

A week ago, I lost my sweet, little Pippin. I called him "the Dogtator," because even though he weighed only 8 lbs., he commanded the entire household. His personality was so big that he filled every space. He had so many medical issues - IBD, diabetes, infections - that I was lucky to have him for 11.5 years... but I wanted him for 11.5 more. I've cried every day since he passed. I miss everything about him, including his sweet smile.



For my 5" x 7" card, I imagined that the girl is thinking of someone she loves, too. I colored everything with Copics and typed up a sentiment. A few pearls, leaves and gems completed this fairly quick-and-easy card.

List of all stamps/dies used on this card:
  • Fall Weather digital stamp (Krista Smith Stamps)
I hope you have a happy, relaxing day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully created and I'm sorry for your loss of you little fur baby, I have two that are my best friends so I can fully understand your heartbreak! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Laurian! They are definitely members of the family, not just pets, so we feel it so deeply when they're gone.

      Delete