Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Coloring Challenge Day 3: Under the Sea

It's Day 3 of Krista Smith Stamps' 5-Day Coloring Challenge, and this is my project (Under the Sea Theme). I thought I was done with mermaids for a while, but this one managed to convince me otherwise. Isn't she so sweet??


The main image is a digital stamp called "Both Mermaids" by Krista Smith Stamps. (The image actually includes TWO mermaids, and I just selected one of them.)

For my 5" x 7" card, I colored this lovely mermaid with Copics and cut her out using my Scan N Cut. I stamped the sentiment from a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set, and then I focused on a quick-and-easy background that really makes an impact!

I cut a 4.85" x 6.85" piece of white cardstock and used a blender tool to cover it with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink. I taped it down and then layered the Current of Fish stencil (by Picket Fence) over the panel. I spread Silver Gina K Glitz Gel with a palette knife over all of the fish, then carefully peeled the stencil off... and look at the result! An easy - and SUPER SPARKLY! - ocean background!


I used foam dots to pop up the mermaid and sentiment on my newly-created background.

List of all stamps/dies used on this card:
  • Both Mermaids digital stamp (Krista Smith Stamps)
  • Ocean Background stamp set (Kraftin' Kimmie)
  • Current of Fish stencil (Picket Fence)
I hope you have a happy, relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment