Friday, May 1, 2020

Fishy Surprise with Stampers Delights' Facebook Progressive Challenge

Today, I created a cute fishy card (with an interactive surprise) using digital stamps from the Stampers Delights' Facebook Progressive Challenge. The digital stamps in the Progressive Challenge are free, as long as you join the Stampers Delight's Facebook page and upload a picture of your project to the photo album.

This month's free stamp set includes the fish bowl, two different fish, and several items you can use to build a scene. I combined several images from the free digital stamp package with some other digital stamps: the castle is from the Chibi Pisces Zodiac Kit and the crab is from the Anime Cancer Zodiac Kit.


My card measures 5" x 6.5". I resized the fishbowl to 4" tall and adjusted everything else around that element. The cat is actually a VERY small stamp (about 0.5" tall), and I scanned and enlarged it to 2" x 2.5". The lines got fuzzy, so I had to redraw them (after coloring my image) with my C10 Copic marker. (I spent nearly two hours searching for a comparable digi stamp online and couldn't find anything I liked, so I had to adapt with the stamps I had on hand.)

I colored all images with Copics and used my Scan n Cut to cut out the various images (fishbowl, cat, and crab). Next, I used a fun, interactive die set to create a surprise element on the card... Want to see why the fish look so nervous? Check out the video below!


My Favorite Things provides an instruction video for the Double Slider Loop Slots Set on their website, and I followed those instructions to create my card. I have to admit that I found this mechanism VERY difficult to make, so I don't know if I'll use it again anytime soon. Once I assembled the card, I popped up the crab with foam dots and added some Aquamarine Swarovski crystals for a little sparkle.

Here's the card after you pull the interactive tab:


List of all stamps and dies used on this card:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/stampersdelights/

I hope you enjoyed this project, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Blimey this looks a lot of hard work for you but boy was it worth it. Well done on a great job. I wouldn't have the patience to do the mechanism lol. X X

    ReplyDelete