Thursday, May 28, 2020

High Tide, Low Tide Mermaid

I wanted to color at least one more mermaid for MerMay. It's been a really rough week, as I've been dealing with the grief and pain from losing someone I loved dearly, so I've tried to use coloring as a way to distract myself.


The main image is a digital stamp called Mermaid Shoujo by Lemon Shortbread.

My card measures 6" x 6". I colored the mermaid and scene with Copics and layered her on a My Favorite Things chevron-patterned paper. I added some sparkly, gold accents in her hair and around the top of her clothing with gold Stickles. (Sadly, they don't show up well in the photo.) I also added some gold 3D stickers (crab and starfish, although the starfish is covered by my watermark) and blue glass drops. Finally, I added a sentiment from the Friends with Fins stamp set (My Favorite Things), popped up with foam dots.

List of all stamps/dies used on this card:
  • Mermaid Shoujo digital stamp (Lemon Shortbread)
  • Friends with Fins stamp set (My Favorite Things)
I hope you enjoyed this project and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment