Sunday, May 17, 2020

Get Ready to Shellebrate!

Today, I created a happy, interactive card featuring crabs jumping on a beach. Let's SHELLEBRATE!


I decided to go in an unconventional direction and use the "props" (or side characters) from the main digital stamp sets: the crabs! I thought they deserved some time to shine because they're SO DARNED CUTE. On this card, they're just so happy to "sea" you!


My card measures 4.25" x 5.5". I resized the the crabs to 2" wide (each). After I die cut the card base (with the slits for the mechanism), I used several stencils (Wave Maker and Mini Clouds) and a mask cut from the Rolling Hills die for the beach. Because the elements have to slide up and down, it was important to keep the base at a single layer.

I colored all images with Copics and used my Scan n Cut to cut out the crabs. Next, I used a fun, interactive die set to create movement on the card. Check out the video below!


My Favorite Things provides an instruction video for the Interactive Up & Down Die Set on their website, and I followed those instructions to create my card. It was challenging the first time, but it will be much easier the next time I make a card. Once I assembled the card, I typed and printed a sentiment and popped it up with foam dots.

List of all stamps and dies used on this card:
Have one shell of a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment