Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Alice and Mad Hatter Slimline Cards

This week, I created a pair of slimline cards, featuring cards based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Presenting: Alice and the Mad Hatter!


Both cards are "slimline," meaning they're at least twice as tall as they are wide. (The Alice card measures 7" x 3.5", and the Mad Hatter card is 7.25" x 3.5".)

I created the Alice card first and then felt she needed her partner in crime, the Mad Hatter! Both images are part of a digital pack of stamps from Sweet Escape Digis. I printed both of them several months ago and finally got around to coloring them.

I colored Alice with Copics, cut her out with my Scan 'n Cut, and popped her up with foam dots. I created the sentiment in MS Word and found the background paper in one of my oldest cardstock books. (Seriously, I bought that book when I first started cardmaking about 5 years ago!) I added a few pearls, since I thought they fit the vintage theme.


I followed the same process for the Mad Hatter: coloring with Copics, cutting her out and mounting her on foam. I created the sentiment in MS Word and added the black pinstripe and neon green cardstocks. The diamond strip is actually from a spool of ribbon that's ALSO been in my stash for years! Finally, I added a few Peridot Swarovski crystals.


I hope you have an impossibly good day, and if it's your "unbirthday"... well, Happy Unbirthday!!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment