Sunday, May 24, 2020

Girl with Falling Flowers

For today's card, I used a lovely digital image (available to members of Julie Rabischung's Facebook Group) to create a wistful, soft floral card.


This was the first time I've colored any artwork by Julie Rabischung, and I absolutely love this gorgeous girl. I kept everything fairly simple so the focus would remain on the girl. A year ago, I would've told you my LEAST favorite thing to color (and Achilles' heel) was hair. Now, after practicing over and over for months, hair is one of my FAVORITE things to color! I don't know if "practice makes perfect," but it certainly makes the process easier and more enjoyable.

My card measures 5" x 7". I colored everything with Copics. After I matted the 6.75" x 4.75" colored image on a pale, pink cardstock, I added some 3D paper flowers from my stash and some clear Swarovski crystals. I didn't add a sentiment, as I felt the card already had enough going on.

If you'd like this image, please join the artist's Facebook group or visit her Etsy store (Fantasy Art and Crafts). (I am not compensated for this recommendation, the project or the links and simply want to support great artists.)

I hope you enjoyed this project and have a wonderful day!

2 comments: