Thursday, April 16, 2020

Cowgirl Chibi Val

This week, I created a card featuring the Chibis Val digital stamp from Stampers Delights. This stamp is currently on sale as part of the Thrifty Thursday deals!

This stamp is honestly one of my favorites, because she is just so versatile! Previously, I turned her into the "Sweet Honey Fairy" and the "Galactic Diva." Today, I've turned her into "Cowgirl Val!" When my sister was very young, she was obsessed with cows, so she was my inspiration for this character.


My card measures 4.25" x 5.5", and I resized Val to 4.75" tall. Before I started coloring, I used a pencil to draw cow spots on her jacket and bow, as well as "fringe" on the bottom of her jacket. I colored all images with Copics and used my Scan n Cut to cut out Val and her cactus friends. I used patterned paper for the background and floor. I popped up all of the characters and the sentiment with foam dots and added a few peridot Swarovski crystals for a little sparkle.

Want to see a comparison of all three versions of Chibi Val? I bet you could think of a few more versions, too!


.List of all stamps used on the Cowgirl Chibi Val card:
  • Chibis Val (Stampers Delights)
  • Let's Stick Together stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Saddle Up & Celebrate stamp set (My Favorite Things)
I hope you enjoyed this project, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment