Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Chibi Painter Pearl as Modern Rapunzel

This week, I created a card featuring the Chibi Painter Pearl digital stamp from Stampers Delights. This stamp is currently on sale as part of the Thrifty Thursday deals!

When I saw this sweet gal, I thought of one of my favorite fictional painters: Rapunzel from Tangled. I decided to turn Pearl into a modern version of Rapunzel, complete with her painting and chameleon pal (as decoration on her clothing)!


My card measures 5" x 6.5", and I resized Pearl to 4.75" tall. I added Pascal to her smock by finding a free digital coloring page online and shrinking/layering it over the Pearl digi stamp. I created the sentiment in Microsoft Word.

I colored all images with Copics and used my Scan n Cut to cut out Pearl. Then came the really time-consuming part: drawing and coloring the "painting" background! I referenced Rapunzel's painting in the film and sketched everything with pencil before coloring with Copics. I tried to keep the Copic coloring "rough," not smooth (like the character), to resemble a rough, acrylic painting. Coloring all of those little lights took FOREVER!

I added a strip of wood-patterned cardstock for the floor, popped up Pearl and the sentiment with foam dots, and added some aquamarine Swarovski crystals for some sparkle.

List of all stamps used on this card:
I hope you enjoyed this project, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment