Monday, October 2, 2023

Emma in Reindeer PJ's Wishes You a Happy Hot Chocolate Season

Today, I'm guest designing for Paper Nest Dolls. They have a variety of super cute images, both as rubber stamps and digital stamps. Today's card features the digital stamp Emma in Reindeer PJ's. I chose her because I had that exact sweater and those reindeer slippers in elementary school, so this image triggered a forgotten-but-happy memory.

I completed two different cards with her, and today's post features a card in alternative Christmas colors: pink and blue.


I printed Emma on Copic XPress-It Blending Card, colored her with Copics, then fussy cut her. I created a scalloped, stitched card base by folding white cardstock in half and using the Gina Marie "Scalloped Stitched Rectangle" (largest die), slightly overlapping the folded edge so it would connect the front and back sides. I used the MFT "Sweet Snowflakes" Die-Namics to cut several snowflakes, then coated them in sparkly, white glitter. I stamped the MFT "Hug in a Mug" sentiment on white cardstock, then used a Lawn Fawn "Small Stitched Rectangles" die. Finally, I cut a piece of the Stampin' Up wood-patterned cardstock as the floor and used the MFT "Stitched Scalloped Edge" Die-Namics across the top, which was mostly covered up by Emma and the sentiment, so I probably would skip that step next time.

For the pink background, I cut a peace of hot pink cardstock, then sprayed it with Ranger/Tim Holtz's "Frozen Fog" Mica Stain. That added a very cool, iridescent splatter all over the page. I assembled the layers, popping up Emma, the floor, and the sentiment with foam dots. I used another piece of the pink, splattered cardstock inside, then added another sentiment from the "Hug in a Mug" set. I added sparkly snowflakes to the front and inside of the card. Here's the inside, as well as a quick video, showing the shine on the cardstock.




List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
  • Paper Nest Dolls "Emma in Reindeer PJ's" digital stamp
  • Gina Marie "Scalloped Stitched Rectangles" die set
  • Lawn Fawn "Small Stitched Rectangles" die set
  • My Favorite Things "Stitched Scalloped Basic Edge" Die-Namics
  • My Favorite Things "Sweet Snowflakes" Die-Namics
  • My Favorite Things "Hug in a Mug" stamp set
  • Stampin' Up wood-patterned cardstock (very old, don't remember the name of it)
  • Pink and white cardstock

Other products used:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers
  • Glue
  • Foam dots
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz "Frozen Fog" Mica Stain
  • Iridescent white glitter, "cool" tones (Sparkle n' Sprinkle)
Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment