Friday, September 29, 2023

Elegant Fish Easel Card with a Message in a Bottle Shaker Element

I'm still having fun with fish/aquatic images, so I made two more cards. These are easel cards, so they stand up for display, with a shaker element: a message in a bottle, with sand, that reads "just keep swimming."

Here are the two cards, propped up:





And here are just the card fronts, so you can see the details. I painted the metallic "arch" with silver and copper alcohol inks, which gives it a worn, antique look. I stacked both the arch and white swirl frame die cuts 5 times, so they're thick and substantial, like chipboard.

The leaves are die cuts from the Heartfelt Creations "Jars and Vines" die set, without using the matching stamps. I colored the fish, leaves, and bottle cork with Copic markers, and I filled the MFT Bottle Shaker Pouch with Whimsy's Hoourglass Sand Sprinkles. The pop-up element that holds the easel up consists of two more die-cut pieces, and I painted the bottom one with more metallic alcohol inks.




Here's a video, showing the shaker element and how to prop up the easel:


List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
  • Heartfelt Creations "Elegant Swirl Gateway" die
  • Heartfelt Creations "Rectangle Filigree Frame" die
  • Heartfelt Creations "Under the Sea" stamp and die sets
  • Heartfelt Creations "Under the Sea Coral" stamp and die sets
  • Heartfelt Creations "Coral Reef Collage" stamp and die sets
  • Heartfelt Creations "Under the Sea" paper pad
  • March 2019 Hero Arts Monthly Kit
  • My Favorite Things "Mermazing" stamp set
  • My Favorite Things "Message in a Bottle" Die-Namics
  • My Favorite Things Bottle Pouch
  • Whimsy Hourglass Sand Sprinkles

Other products used:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers
  • Glue
  • Foam dots
Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment