Saturday, September 16, 2023

A Rainbow of Butterflies Card (MFT 2023 Card Design Superstar: Clean and Simple Genius)

I've started coloring and creating again in the past few weeks, after not coloring or making any cards in nearly a year. I'm a bit rusty, but I decided to jump back in with the MFT 2023 Card Design Superstar: Clean and Simple Genius contest. I felt like coloring something bright and happy, and what's brighter or happier than a rainbow?


I decided to use the butterflies from MFT's "Spread Your Wings" and a flower from MFT's "Magnolia Blossoms" to create a gentle arc, then color them as I would a rainbow (ROYGBIV colors). I used Post-It Tape to mask off the parts of the flower stamp that I didn't want to stamp (since I only wanted a single flower from the bunch), inked the stamp, removed the tape, and stamped the single flower image. I then stamped one of each of the butterflies, gently staggering them in an arc. I colored all of the images with Copic markers, then stamped the sentiment from MFT's "Magnolia Blossoms" set. I mounted the colored layer on MFT's Lemon Drop and Smooth White cardstock.


I cut more Lemon Drop and Smooth White layers for inside the card, then stamped and colored one of the smaller butterflies twice more. I cut them out with the "Spread Your Wings" Die-Namics, stamped a sentiment from MFT's "Thoughtful Greetings" stamp set, and glued the two butterflies to the stamped panel.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card - ALL BY MY FAVORITE THINGS:
  • Spread Your Wings stamp set
  • Spread Your Wings Die-Namics die set
  • Magnolia Blossoms stamp set
  • Thoughtful Greetings stamp set
  • MFT cardstock: Lemon Drop and Smooth White

Other products used:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers
  • Glue
Hope you have a great week!

1 comment: