Sunday, November 6, 2022

Holiday Cocoa Fun (MFT 2022 Card Design Superstar)

I haven't colored or made any cards in nearly a year, so I'm a bit rusty, but I decided to jump back in with the MFT 2022 Card Design Superstar: Coloring Virtuoso contest. This card is pretty straightforward, with a bunch of cute kids enjoying holiday cocoa as a treat.


I colored and fussy cut all of the characters, trees, logs, stand, etc. I made the cocoa sign by using the sign from SY Kissing Booth, but masking the center text, and then stamping the center with "cocoa" from the Hug in a Mug stamp set. (The booth is from the Kissing Booth stamp set.) You can see some of the images below (as they were fussy cut).


Once I had all of my people and elements, I created the background with inks and and the Slimline Drifts and Hills Stencil. (The dirt and sky are inked, and the snow is colored with Copics.) I layered everything using some paper glue, and the scene was done!

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card - ALL BY MY FAVORITE THINGS:
  • Pile on the Hugs stamp set
  • BB Fall Friends stamp set
  • BB Friends at First Sip
  • SY Kissing Booth stamp set
  • SY Christmas Cheer stamp set
  • Hug in a Mug stamp set
  • BB Snow Buddies stamp set
  • Be Your Own Barista Die-Namics
  • Slimeline Drifts and Hills Stencil
  • Slimline Cloud Edges Stencil
Happy holidays!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is stunning! I LOVE the color you chose for the sky, it's perfect! And even though there is a lot going on in terms of characters, all of the colors work so nicely together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete