Sunday, November 6, 2022

Sweet Christmas Wishes Clean & Simple Card (MFT 2022 Card Design Superstar)

Well, it's been nearly a year since I colored or made a card. I'm happy to say that I'm crafting again, and I've finished a few Christmas cards! I decided to make this card for the MFT 2022 Card Design Superstar Contest - Clean and Simple Genius.


The final card measures 5" x 7". I decided to make my own stencil/mask, so I could create an image that's shaped like an ornament. I sketched out my shape and used my fine scissors to cut it out. After I had my mask, I layered it over Copic cardstock and stamped my images. (I had to stamp and fussy cut a mask of the PI girl, so I could make the tree and floor appear behind her.) I also very lightly ran my pencil around the edges of the ornament shape, so I'd know where to create my borders as I colored.



I colored everything with Copics, then stamped a simple sentiment from the Sweet Christmas Wishes stamp set. I matted the panel on MFT's Brushed Gold Cardstock, then cut a small rectangle from the same paper for the ornament's "cord."

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card - ALL BY MY FAVORITE THINGS:
  • Sweet Christmas Wishes stamp set
  • SY On Solid Ground stamp set
  • SY Christmas Cheer stamp set
  • Brushed Gold Cardstock
Have a merry holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. This is the COOLEST idea!! I'd have never thought to do it, but it's crazy good! I love it!

    ReplyDelete