Sunday, September 26, 2021

Slimline Seagulls on Ocean Waves

Today, I decided to have a little fun with seagulls and ocean waves.


The final card measures 3.75" x 8.5". I stamped the seagulls, island and ship images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Copic XPress-It Blending Card. I colored them with Copics, then fussy cut them with my Cutter Bees.

I die cut the waves with the Slimline Ocean Motion Die-Namics (My Favorite Things). I used a dark blue cardstock, then lightened the waves with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink. I used the "wrong" side of the die cuts (the opposite side of the page from the waves) like a stencil and used the Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink to stencil a few more rows of waves on the top and bottom layers.

I layered the waves with foam dots, so there are three levels. I die cut the "WAVES" letters from the MFT Stitched Alphabet die set, using Silver Shimmer Cardstock (Paper Rose). I stamped the "Make Some" words from a sentiment in the MFT Friends with Fins stamp set, then carefully cut it out with scissors. I popped up some of the images with dots, ensuring seagulls were on all three levels. (The seagulls on the bottom level are flat, while the ones on front are popped up, etc.) The sentiment and "WAVES" are also popped up with foam dots.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Seaside Seagulls stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Party Like a Pirate stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Friends with Fins stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Slimline Ocean Motion Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Stitched Alphabet Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Black and blue cardstock
  • Paper Rose Silver Shimmer Cardstock
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Foam dots
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink
  • Blending Tool/Foam
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card 
  • Cutter Bees scissors
Have a lovely day!

2 comments: