Sunday, September 19, 2021

Clean and Simple Roses Card

2021 has been a tough year. After my father's passing a few months ago, I haven't felt like crafting or coloring. I decided to pull out my Copics again to make a Clean and Simple (CAS) card for MFT's Card Superstar contest.


The final card measures 5" x 7". I stamped the MFT Fanciful Roses Background on Copic XPress-It Blending Card. The blue flower was incomplete at the top (since it was the edge of the stamp), so I penciled in some finished petals. I colored the two center roses with Copics, then carefully fussy cut them with my trusty Cutter Bees. Once they were fussy cut, I ran a black marker around the edges to hide any white paper.


I cut a 5" x 7" black cardstock panel, then used a stamp from MFT's Flower in Bloom stamp, Versamark ink, and super fine white embossing powder. I layered blue and white cardstock onto a base, then attached the black, embossed panel. I glued the fussy cut roses to the front. Since I was aiming for CAS, I added only a few Aquamarine Swarovski crystals for sparkle.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Fanciful Roses Background stamp (My Favorite Things)
  • Flowers in Bloom stamp set (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Black, white and blue cardstock
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Clear Versamark Ink
  • Super Fine White Embossing Powder (Ranger)
  • Heat gun
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card 
  • Aquamarine Swarovski crystals
  • Cutter Bees scissors
Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment