Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Cozy Christmas Card

Well, I finished my first Christmas card for 2021! Hooray! I created this card for MFT's Card Superstar contest (coloring category).


The final card measures 4.75" x 6.75". I stamped the fox/chair (Cozy Companions) and bear (Perfect Couple) images on scrap paper and fussy cut them, so I could use them as masks.I stamped the fox/chair on the main card panel, then placed the mask over it. I stamped the tree (Secret Santa), overlapping the fox mask a bit, so the tree would be tucked behind the chair. I stamped the lamp on the other side of the chair.

I stamped the bears on another page of XPress-It Blending Card, then placed the mask over them. I stamped the blanket (Picnic Pals) over the mask, so the bears were sitting on the blanket.

I colored everything with Copics, then fussy cut the bears/blanket. TIP: After you fussy cut an image, run a black marker around the edges, so it hides/covers any uncut white edges. I stamped the sentiment (Christmas Carols) on the main colored panel, then popped up the bears with foam dots so they would have more dimension. I kept everything simple with a black cardstock mat as a frame.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Cozy Companions stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Perfect Couple stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Secret Santa stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Picnic Pals stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Christmas Carols stamp set (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Black cardstock
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Foam dots
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card 
  • Cutter Bees scissors
Have a merry holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment