Saturday, October 14, 2023

Festive Gingerbread House Card with Candy and Penguins

Today, I'm sharing one of my favorite cards I've ever made: a sparkly, festive gingerbread house. The elements on the card are from My Favorite Things' Gingerbread House Die-Namics, Gingerbread Greetings stamp set, JB Gnome for the Holidays stamp set, and Stitched Scallop Basic Edges Die-Namics.

This card involved a lot of coloring (with Copic markers), as I chose to go that route vs. cutting colored cardstock and paper piecing. Here's the final card (front and inside):



I cut all of the elements from the Gingerbread House Die-Namics, then colored with Copics and glued them together (as needed). I built extra "wings" on the gingerbread house, so it needed to be a slimline card (5" x 8.5"). I wanted cute, scalloped edges on the snow, but the dies were made for standard-size cards, so I used each die twice, with a "dip" in the center of the cardstock (which is covered by the gingerbread house). No one will be able to tell that the snow banks aren't sized for a slimline layout.

I created my card base and attached a 5" x 8.5" panel of Black Licorice. I took a 8.25" x 4.75" panel of Summer Splash and lightly misted it with Picket Fence Distress Oxide Stain. I covered the snowbanks with glue with a Zip Glue Pen, then sprinkled Microfine Transparent Glitter over it. I did the same with the snow on the gingerbread house's roof. I wanted the gumdrops to look more "sugary," so I coated them in Ranger Rock Candy Glitter.

For the cobblestones in front of the house, I stamped the house from the JB Gnome for the Holidays stamp set, then fussy cut just the snow/stone area. I also stamped, colored, and fussy cut 3 penguins.

I attached the back snowbank to the Summer Splash panel, then used foam dots to pop up the front snowbank layer, gingerbread house, gumdrops, penguins,  and sentiment. Inside, I added another Summer Splash panel and Smooth White panel (with the sentiment stamped on it). Finally, I added another penguin, lollipops, and gumdrops inside. 

Because the glitter is so fine, it can be difficult to see in the photos/video, but it's super sparkly in person. Here's a video, attempting to show the sparkle:



I love the way this card turned out and hope you do, too!

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
Other products used:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers
  • Glue
  • Ranger Rock Candy Glitter
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Microfine Transparent Glitter (Cool)
  • Distress Oxide Stain: Picket Fence
  • Zip Glue Pen
  • Foam dots
Happy holidays, and thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment