Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Harmonious Hibiscus Thank You Card with MFT's Weekly Sketch Challenge 667

Today, I'm sharing design team inspiration for the My Favorite Things Sketch Weekly Sketch Challenge (#667). I never have enough thank you cards on hand, so I grabbed one of my favorite MFT floral stamps, the Harmonious Hibiscus Background, and created a version of a "spotlight" card.

A "spotlight" card includes a design in black and white, with a specific section in full color. I chose the diagonal centerpiece for the full-color section. I stamped the full stamp 3 times: once in gray and white (for my bottom layer), then twice in regular black ink on Copic XPress-It Blending Card. I knew I wanted to fussy cut and pop up two of the flowers with foam dots.

After I created the cover, I couldn't bear to throw away the colored edges, so I put them into the inside of the card. Now the front AND inside have that bright pop of color!



I colored the background image with Copic markers, then sliced off the top and bottom areas diagonally (to match the sketch design). I colored only two of the flowers on the second stamped background, then fussy cut them. I layered the shaped hibiscus panel on top of the gray-and-white hibiscus panel. I layered that on Lemon Drop and more Smooth White cardstock. Finally, I cut two rectangles (one in white, with the sentiment, and one in Lemon Drop) and popped them up on the front. I added foam dots to the two flowers I'd fussy cut and added them to the front.

The fussy cut flowers and original, cut hibiscus panel looked like this:


Now I have another thank you card that's ready to go when needed. Hooray!

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
Other products used:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers
  • Glue
  • Foam dots
Hope you have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment