Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Merry Bees-mas with MFT's Weekly Sketch Challenge 667

Today, I'm sharing design team inspiration for the My Favorite Things Sketch Weekly Sketch Challenge (#667). I used the super adorable new Jenoblade set, Merry Bees-mas, and used the sketch design on the front AND inside the card. 



I stamped the bees and tree on Copic XPress-It Blending Card, then colored them with Copics. I cut them out using the matching Merry Bees-mas Die-Namics.

For the card base, I used MFT's Smooth White, Black Licorice, and Amarena Cherry cardstock. I took a piece of white cardstock and sprayed it with "Flickering Candle" Distress Mica Stain. I cut a smaller rectangle of MFT's Kraft cardstock and sprayed it with "Frozen Fog" Distress Mica Stain. The papers now appear very textured and shiny/sparkly. I cut a thin piece of MFT's Kraft cardstock and stamped the sentiment, then layered the sentiment over the Frozen Fog splattered rectangle. I cut the golden cardstock to 4.75" x 6.75", then cut diagonally across the top and bottom to match the sketch design. I layered the gold cardstock on a piece of 4.75" x 6.75" Amarena Cherry, then on a 5" x 7" piece of Black Licorice. 

I didn't love the white outlines around the bees/tree on the card front, simply because it was so bright compared to the gold background, so I found a Copic marker that matched the splattered paper and colored in all of the white outlines. I popped up the sentiment/rectangle (1" x 3.75"), bees, and tree with foam dots.

I could've been done at that point, but I decided to carry the sketch design into the inside of the card. I replicated the same cuts I'd done for the front, using white cardstock instead of the gold, and added some bees and another tree. Now the inside is just as cute as the front!

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
Other products used:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers
  • Glue
  • Foam dots
  • Distress Mica Stains: Flickering Candle and Frozen Fog
Happy (very early) holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment