Thursday, July 16, 2020

Unconventional Summer Graduation Card

I needed a quick high school graduation card for my cousin, so I whipped this card up. I wasn't in the mood for another traditional graduation card (tassels, diploma, etc.), so I chose a fun, summer image and made a more unconventional card.


The main image is a digital stamp called "Lake Tubing" by KristaSmithStamps (Etsy).

The final card measures 6" x 6". I colored the girl with Copics and attempted to make her look like my cousin, then I fussy cut her. I was satisfied with the coloring until I got to the glasses, and then I made mistake after mistake. I tried to "fix" it with white gel pen. Unfortunately, white gel pen is permanent, so there's no way to fix it beyond that. As a last effort, I added Ranger Glossy Accents over the lenses, so at least it softened the color and added a cool texture.

When I photographed the card from above, it added a weird reflection on the glasses, due to the Glossy Accents. Here's a different angle:


I created the sparkly water background using a stencil ("Perfect Pool Water" by My Favorite Things) and Gina K "Brilliant Blue" Glitz Glitter Gel. The Glitz Glitter Gel is SO SPARKLY, and it adds a wow factor to your project in just a few seconds.

I added a stamped sentiment (from "Friends with Fins" by My Favorite Things), and I popped up the girl and sentiment with foam dots.

List of all stamps used on this card:
  • Lake Tubing digital stamp (KristaSmithStamps)
  • Perfect Pool Water Stencil (My Favorite Things)
  • Friends with Fins clear stamp set (My Favorite Things)
I hope you have a sparkly day!

1 comment:

  1. Caronavirus has me jealous of your girl playing in the water!

    ReplyDelete