Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Believe in Christmas Card

I printed this digital stamp ("Christmas Prayer" by KristaSmithStamps) several months ago, but I buried it under a pile of other printouts. Finally, I had a chance to come back to it and create a Christmas card!


This is a slimline (3.5" x 8.5") card. I printed Christmas Prayer on Copic XPress-It Blending Card and colored her with my Copics. I fussy cut her with scissors, mainly because I wanted to replace some of the items in her Christmas crown with 3D poinsettias.

I cut the "Believe" sentiment (My Favorite Things) into gold mirror cardstock. From the Small Poinsettia Die Set (Impression Obsession), I cut 6 of the smallest poinsettia. I colored them with Copics (4 red, 2 tan) and coated them in transparent microfine glitter. I glued them together in pairs, offsetting the top flower so the flower would have very full petals.

I layered a bottom red cardstock mat under a black panel, and then I glued on the sentiment and girl. I glued the poinsettias onto her flower crown, and I added a clear Swarovski crystal (4mm) to the center of each poinsettia. I added a few more Swarovski crystals around her for a little more sparkle.

Here's a better view of the 3D flowers:


List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
Other supplies:
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Gold mirror cardstock
  • Transparent microfine glitter (warm tones)
  • Clear Swarovski crystals
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment