Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Harvest Fun at the Pumpkin Farm

Today, these adorable friends are picking out pumpkins at the farm. My favorite part of pumpkin carving was always roasting and eating the pumpkin seeds. YUM! Did you ever do that, too?


My card measures 5" x 7". I completed this card in three stages: the characters, the mid-ground elements (barn and fence), and the background scene.

CHARACTERS:

I stamped the girls, pumpkins, and dog with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Copic XPress-It Blending Card. I colored all of them with Copics. I think I've colored enough pumpkins for the entire season now! Once I finished coloring, I fussy cut them.

BARN AND FENCE:

I die cut the barn and fence out of heavyweight cardstock, since I needed to ink them with Distress Oxides and wanted them to be sturdy. I used the following colors: Barn Door and Hickory Smoke (barn, with the darker ink lightly around the edges); Scattered Straw and Gathered Twigs (hay); and Gathered Twigs and Ground Espresso (fence). I left the barn accents white and colored the door handles with a black Copic marker. I assembled everything with a glue runner, as I knew liquid glue would affect the Oxides (bleeding, etc.).

BACKGROUND:

I cut a 6.75" x 4.75" white panel and used the Mini Cloud Edges Stencil, along with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink. I cut a separate panel, 6.75" x 2.25", and used the Slimline Grassy Hills Die-Namics to cut the grass at the top. I blended the two brown Oxide inks (Gathered Twigs and Ground Espresso) for the ground, then Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide for the bottom of the grass, and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide for the top of the grass. After I finished blending, I lightly splattered that panel with water and quickly blotted it dry, just for some texture.

I stamped the sentiment from MFT's Harvest Mouse stamp set directly on the cloud panel, then assembled the card. I added a 7" x 5" black cardstock layer as a "frame," then the cloud panel, grass/dirt panel, fence, and barn. I glued everything down with double-sided tape. I glued down most of the pumpkins with double-sided tape as well.

I added foam dots to the back of the girls and dog, so those elements are popped up as the focus of the card. As a final touch, I took my E59 Copic marker and drew cast shadows under the girls and pumpkins, since the sunlight would create those shadows.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Fall Friends stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Snow Buddies stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Witch Way is the Candy stamp set (My Favorite Things) 
  • Harvest Mouse stamp set (My Favorite Things) 
  • Mini Cloud Edges Stencil (My Favorite Things)
  • Barn Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Slimline Grassy Hills Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Farm Fence Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Black and white cardstock
  • Distress Oxide Inks: Barn Door, Hickory Smoke, Gathered Twigs, Ground Espresso, Scattered Straw, Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn, and Twisted Citron
May you have a harvest of blessings!

2 comments: