Monday, November 5, 2018

Patchwork Christmas and Hand-Stitched Holly

This week, I created a card using the Patchwork Christmas Stamp Set from Witt & Sass Stamp Company!

This lovely stamp set features Americana/folk-art-styled holiday images, and after I saw all of the buttons, I was inspired to pull out my needle and embroidery floss. I resized one of the holly images to make it large enough to stitch and cut my cardstock to 5" x 3.75", rounding the corners. I colored all of the images with Copics and ran it through my die machine with the Altenew Cross Stitch Canvas Die.


After the die created all of the little holes for stitching, I cross stitched the central, larger holly image. I also threaded the stamped buttons (so they'd appear to be sewn on) and sewed on a few holiday buttons from my stash for good measure. I matted the card front on luxurious, dark green velvet, which unfortunately doesn't show up well in photos. (It's so SOFT and FUZZY, though!)


Inside the card, I used the little button tree and a sentiment from the set and matted it on some festive paper from my stash. I made sure to round the corners of all layers, including the card base, to keep everything consistent.


Witt & Sass Products Used:
  • Patchwork Christmas Stamp Set
  • Mermaid Christmas Stamp Set (mistletoe image)
I hope you enjoyed this project, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment