Monday, November 19, 2018

Peppermint Christmas

This week, I created a card using the Candyland Christmas Stamp Set, as well as the Layered Stencil Plaid, from Witt & Sass Stamp Company!

The product I love most at Christmastime is anything peppermint, but especially the Peppermint Hot Chocolate (extra hot, with whip!) from Starbucks. My local store doesn't carry peppermint flavoring until late November, so I wait ALL YEAR for it. When I saw the cute peppermint stamp in the Candyland Christmas set, I knew I wanted to celebrate candy canes and all things peppermint!


That lovely candy cane stripe background was actually pretty easy to make. I used the Witt & Sass Layered Stencil Plaid, on an angle, to create the thick red stripes across the page. After that, I used a ruler and marker to draw a thin line between the thick lines. Super easy, and so very festive!

I stamped the peppermints on a white piece of cardstock (cut 1" smaller than my striped base so I could show off that lovely stripe). When I started to color them, I realized that I didn't use a cardstock that works for blending alcohol markers, so I simplified with one red marker and one gray marker.


I stamped the top line of the stamp set's sentiment and then the bottom "sweet" part with white ink on matching red cardstock. (I was able to ink a part of the stamp by covering the words I didn't want with Post It tape while I inked the stamp and then removing the tape before I stamped my cardstock.) The ink didn't stamp very well, so I used a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen to fill in the letters. I added a large die-cut "Christmas" over a small piece of vellum (so it would stand out against the patterned backdrop) and added a Swarovski crystal for the dot over the "i." (Tip: I was able to hide the glue on the vellum by cutting it an inch wider than I needed and wrapping/gluing the vellum to the back of the white cardstock. Now it "floats" nicely on the front of the card without any glue spots!)

.Witt & Sass Products Used:
  • Candyland Christmas Stamp Set
  • Layered Stencil Plaid
I hope you enjoyed this project, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment