Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Santa Purdie and Reindeer Baby Purdie Scene

This week, I created a card using the Patchwork Christmas Stamp Set from Witt & Sass Stamp Company!

I love creating little scenes on my cards, and this week gave me an opportunity to transform the Witt & Sass mascot into holiday figures... Santa Claus and a little reindeer!


My first task was to turn Halloween Purdie into Santa Purdie. (A Santacorn?) Once I stamped her, I sketched a rough outline of Santa's clothes. When you're using very dark Copics (like reds and dark grays), your pencil sketch doesn't need to be perfect, as you can "smooth" it out when you color. For a finishing touch, I added white flocking to the white sections of Santa's clothes. It doesn't show up terribly well in photos, but it's soft and fuzzy in person. In case you'd like to follow my simple, rough sketch to turn your Purdie into Santa, I've included the "before" and "after" pictures below. (Her hat is a stamp from another Christmas set in my stash, but it would also be pretty easy to draw, if needed. I kind of like seeing the unicorn horn on Santa, though!)



In order to turn Baby Purdie into a reindeer, I gave her a knit onesie with reindeer antlers. Since the image is so small, it would've been too difficult to draw the knit details with a Copic. Instead, I used Copics to color in the "onesie" with the shading I wanted and then used a brown Prismacolor Premier Brush Tip Marker, which allows you to draw super fine details, to draw the knit effect. I shrank the angel from the Patchwork Christmas stamp set and turned her into a little dolly for Baby Purdie.


Witt & Sass Products Used:
  • Patchwork Christmas Stamp Set
  • Purdie's Halloween Stamp Set
  • Baby Purdie Stamp (from the I'm So Sassy Sassy Pack)
  • Patchwork Christmas Sassy Pack
I hope you enjoyed this project, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment