Sunday, November 25, 2018

Birthday Floral Eclipse Card

This week, I created a birthday card for a friend using the eclipse method.

The "eclipse" method involves taking a patterned sheet of paper (card front or otherwise) and cutting a word out using alphabet dies. After you cut them out, you pop them up and put them back into place. This creates a very subtle, raised word on the front of the card that may not be instantly noticed by the beholder. My friend's name is Julie, so I cut J U L I E out of the card front. TIP: Lay a ruler across the card front so the letters line up evenly, then hold them in place with Post It Tape so they don't move around during the cutting process.


First, I stamped the floral image from the Simon Says Stamp Sketched Flowers stamp set and colored with Copics. I added a sentiment from the same set. Once I cut the letters, using the Kat Scrappiness Condensed Alphabet Die Set, I cut two more sets of letters out of thin, white foam, and I layered them (2 foam letters with the paper letter on top).


I added some Swarovski crystals (in various shapes) to give the card some sparkle.


Inside, I stamped a flower from the Simon Says Stamp/Clearly Besotted Magnificent Magnolia stamp set and a sentiment from the Ranger Letter It Birthday Stamp Set. I colored the flower with Copics.

Products Used:
  • Simon Says Stamp Sketched Flowers Stamp Set
  • Simon Says Stamp/Clearly Besotted Magnificant Magnolia Stamp Set
  • Ranger Letter It Birthday Stamp Set
  • Kat Scrappiness Condensed Alphabet Die Set
  • Swarovski crystals
I hope you enjoyed this project, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment