Friday, December 1, 2023

Quick and Easy Santa Suit from Ordinary Shapes

I love getting more mileage out of my stamps and dies by using them for unrelated occasions. Today, I'm sharing a simple Santa Claus (suit) card that I made by using several non-holiday shape dies, and you may already have something similar in your stash.

I'm also playing along with MFT's Christmas card challenge. Here's today's card:


I cut a panel of red cardstock using the largest Kat Scrappiness "Distressed Edge Rectangles" die. Next, I cut a thin panel of white cardstock and used the My Favorite Things "Torn Paper Edges" Die-Namics to trim it to approx. 1.5" wide, creating the furry part of the suit. I wanted the white panel to fit perfectly with the red one, so I used the largest Distressed Edge Rectangle (again) to cut the top and bottom edges.

Next, I cut the "belt" with dies from Concord & 9th's "Weekender Handbag Dies" set. Yes, Santa's belt was once a strap for a purse! I cut the stitched leather piece out of black cardstock, then cut the buckle out of Kraft cardstock. I used gold metallic alcohol ink to paint the buckle.

The bottom (black) layer is 5.5" x 4.25", and I layered everything on top. I felt like Santa needed a little bling, so I added "buttons" out of some sparkly, black 3D gems from my stash (originally from Michael's).

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
  • Kat Scrappiness "Distressed Edge Rectangles" die set
  • My Favorite Things "Torn Paper Edges" Die-Namics
  • Concord & 9th "Weekender Handbag" die set
Other products used:
  • White, black, and wild cherry cardstock by My Favorite Things
  • Glue (Art Glitter Glue)
  • Ranger Metallic Mixatives Alcohol Ink - Gold
  • Black, sparkly 3D gems (from Michael's)
Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment