Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Gingerbread Cookie Wishes with MFT's Weekly Sketch Challenge 676

Today, I'm sharing design team inspiration for the My Favorite Things Sketch Weekly Sketch Challenge (#676). I've already mailed all of my Christmas cards for this year, so I'm getting a head start on next year's cards!

Today's card might put me on the naughty list, though! Poor little gingerbread darlings...


I started by cutting out the gingerbread men from the Gingerbread House Die-Namics out of MFT's Kraft cardstock. (This has become one of my favorite die sets, as there are so many possibilities with all of the included dies!) I used Gathered Twig Distressed Ink and a blending tool around the gingerbread men, leaving the center lighter. I used a Uni-Ball Gel Impact Pen (white) to draw on the details, including different expressions.

Next, I cut one of the hands out of the Crafty Hands Die-Namics on Smooth White cardstock. I used Copic markers (E00, E11, and E13) to color it.

I used the largest die from the Wonky Stitched Circle STAX Die-Namics with Smooth White cardstock, then cut the second largest shape on beige-colored paper from the Colorful Canvas Paper Pad. I stamped a sentiment from the Gingerbread Greetings stamp set, then used the smaller die from the Essential Stitched Sentiment Strips Die-Namics to cut it out.

My card (folded) measures 5" x 6.25". I cut a red page from the Tiny Check Brights Paper Pad to 4.75" x 6", then layered it on a Smooth White panel (5" x 6.25"). I glued the two circles together, then glued them to the red-checked panel. I added foam dots to the back of the gingerbread men, hand, and sentiment, then arranged them to reference the Weekly Sketch design. The final design is simple but fun, and I can't wait to sent it to someone next year.

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
Other products used:
  • Distress Ink: Gathered Twig
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Uni-Ball Gel Impact Pen (white)
  • Copic markers: E00, E11, and E13
  • Glue (Art Glitter glue)
  • Double-sided tape (to adhere the panels to the card base)
  • Foam blending tool (Ranger)
  • Foam dots
Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment