Saturday, December 2, 2023

Peppermint Merry Christmas Card

My favorite hobby is coloring, but I've felt like playing with dies lately. I have so many dies I've never used, which are collecting dust in a box, so it's time to start using them. Today, I've made a merry, monochromatic peppermint Christmas card.

I'm also playing along with MFT's Christmas card challenge. Here's today's card:


I'd never used the My Favorite Things "Snowflake Fusion Cover-Up" die, and it's from 2014 (!!!), so I felt like it was time to try it out. I used it with Quotidian Metallic Silver Vellum, and it came out shimmery and delicate-looking. (Tip: I used a thin cardstock shim above and below the die/cardstock while cutting, and the die cuts came out perfect and crisp.) I used Art Glitter glue to glue the vellum layer to a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of MFT Smooth White cardstock, gluing along the edges (since they would be hidden by the frame layer). 

I cut a 4.25" x 5.5" panel of MFT Wild Cherry cardstock, then used the second-largest frame layer from the Elizabeth Craft "Frame It - Stitched Rectangles" die set to cut a thin, stitched frame for my card front. I carefully glued it onto the white/vellum panel and added a few dots of glue to any area where the vellum stuck up enough to get bent or caught on something. Since the vellum is silver and the cardstock is white, the glue isn't visible at all.

I used MFT Smooth White and Wild Cherry cardstock to cut out peppermints from MFT's Gingerbread House Die-Namics and both layers of MFT's Merry Christmas Die-Namics. I wanted more sparkle, so I used a Zig Glue Pen and Ranger Rock Candy Glitter to cover the peppermints and the white "Merry Christmas" letters. I glued them onto the front panel, and everything looks so shimmery and sparkly.

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
  • My Favorite Things "Snowflakes Fusion Cover Up" Die-Namics
  • My Favorite Things "Gingerbread House" Die-Namics
  • My Favorite Things "Merry Christmas" Die-Namics
  • Elizabeth Craft Design "Frame It - Stitched Rectangles" die set
Other products used:
  • White and wild cherry cardstock by My Favorite Things
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Glue (Art Glitter Glue)
  • Ranger Rock Candy Glitter
  • Zig Glue Pen
  • Quotidian Metallic Silver Vellum
Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment