Monday, December 4, 2023

Bah Humbug! Grinch Card

Still in a die-cutting mood, so here's another card featuring die cuts and ink - no fancy coloring!

I'm also playing along with MFT's Christmas card challenge. Here's today's card:


This fun card uses the Kat Scrappiness "Grinch Hand" die set and Kat Scrappiness "Bah Humbug" shadow sentiment dies. I cut all of the grinch hand pieces out of white cardstock, then cut the sleeve and ornament again out of Lawn Fawn Holiday Sparkle Glitter Cardstock and gold mirror cardstock. I cut a second layer of the ruffle on his sleeve and used a Zig Glue Pen and white flocking powder to make it soft and fluffy.

For his hand, I blended ink from Distress Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Rustic Wilderness inks. I used black ink for the string holding the ornament. I cut the shadow sentiment dies out of white (for the shadow) and the Lawn Fawn paper for the red sentiment, then used the same green inks around the edges of the shadow layer.

I ink blended the edges of a 4" x 5.25" piece of white cardstock, using the same inks as the grinch. I matted the ink-blended layer on a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of red cardstock and popped the grinch and sentiment up with foam dots. Voila! A simple, yet fun, card to send out for Christmas.

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
Other products used:
  • White and red cardstock
  • Gold mirror cardstock
  • Lawn Fawn Holiday Sparkle Glittered Cardstock
  • White Flocking Powder
  • Zig Glue Pen
  • Art Glitter Glue
  • Black ink
  • Distress Ink: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Rustic Wilderness
Bah humbug... I mean, happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment