Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Lovely Spring Flowers for MFT's Weekly Sketch Challenge 678

Today, I'm sharing design team inspiration for the My Favorite Things Sketch Weekly Sketch Challenge (#678). I've enjoyed making Christmas cards over the past few months, but I'm ready for spring! 


For this happy, springtime card, I started by stamping the flowers and butterflies from the SY Butterflies and Blooms stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Copic XPress-It Blending Card. After I colored them with Copics, using a Uni-Ball Gel Impact Pen (white) for details on the butterflies, I fussy cut them with scissors.

I cut two 6.25" x 4.75" panels from Smooth White cardstock. I used the largest die from the Stitched Rounded Arch STAX Die-Namics set to cut a window on one panel. I used the Cloud Stencil and Distress Oxide Inks (Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon) to create clouds on the uncut panel. I used foam dots to make a "sandwich" between the two layers to create dimension.

I added foam dots to the flowers and butterflies, then adhered them to the white arched "sandwich" to create a garden scene. I cut a 1.25" x 3.5" panel from the Woodgrain Whimsy Paper Pad to resemble a flower box, then popped it up with foam dots. I stamped a sentiment from SY Butterflies and Blooms on a 3/8" x 4.75" white rectangle, then added that on top of the flower box. I adhered the final scene to the card base, using Black Licorice cardstock as the largest mat (5" x 6.5").

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
Other products used:
  • Distress Oxide Inks: Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Uni-Ball Gel Impact Pen (white)
  • Copic markers
  • Glue (Art Glitter glue)
  • Double-sided tape (to adhere the panels to the card base)
  • Foam blending tool (Ranger)
  • Foam dots
OK, now I'm ready for springtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment