Thursday, December 14, 2023

Angelic Peace Card for MFT's Ready, Set, Christmas! Challenge

Today, I'm sharing design team inspiration for the My Favorite Things Ready, Set, Christmas Challenge (#676). I've already mailed all of my Christmas cards for this year, so I'm getting a head start on next year's cards!

I wanted to do something a little different for this challenge. I rarely make cards with a religious theme, and I wanted to do something with an angel. Currently, there aren't any angels in MFT stamps or dies, so I took the little girl from the YUZU In My Prayers stamp set, masked off part of her nightgown, and then drew a dress and angelic wings. Here's the finished card:


I started by stamping the little girl with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, although I took some Post-It Tape and placed it over her nightgown before inking, then removed it for stamping. As a result, I was able to turn the nightgown into a dress. I then drew some wings for her. Once I was happy with the image, I colored it with Copic markers and fussy cut her.

Next, I cut the Peace Die-Namics five times out of Smooth White cardstock. I glued the stack of each letter together, until each letter was thick (like chipboard). I used Jacquard Alcohol Ink (Silver) and a piece of felt to cover each letter, so they appear metallic. I also cut the "clouds" out of the JB Treetop Die-Namics set (white cardstock) and set them aside for later.

I cut two panels of Berrylicious cardstock (4.25" x 5.5" and 4" x 5.25"), then one panel of Black Licorice cardstock (4" x 5.25"), and one panel of Smooth White cardstock (5.25" x 3"). I attached the largest blue panel to the card base. For the smaller blue panel, I used Brutus Monroe Glitter Gel (White) and the Heavenly Glow Stencil to stencil the top half of the panel. While that dried, I used the Cloud Stencil as a guide to fussy cut the top row of clouds on the white panel (since I didn't have that die set). I then used the Cloud Stencil with Distress Oxide Ink (Spun Sugar) to add fluffy, pink clouds. I also added the pink ink around the edges of the clouds I cut earlier.

I used the largest die from the Fanciful Frame STAX Die-Namics on the Black Licorice panel, so create a window. I layered the cloud panel on the blue glazed panel, then the black panel on top, then finally mounted that on the card base (blue panel I attached earlier).

All that was left was assembly. I glued the "Peace" letters across the upper half of the window panel, which created nice dimension (since each letter was 5 cardstock layers thick). I used foam dots to pop up the angel and clouds. I felt like it needed a little glitter, so I used a Zig Glue Pen and Ranger Rock Candy Glitter to add sparkle to her dress and the top of the clouds.

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
Other products used:
  • Jacquard Alcohol Ink - Silver
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Distress Oxide Ink - Spun Sugar
  • Brutus Monroe Glitter Glaze - White
  • Ranger Rock Candy Glitter
  • Zig Glue Pen
  • Glue (Art Glitter glue)
  • Double-sided tape (to adhere the panels to the card base)
  • Foam blending tool (Ranger)
  • Foam dots
Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment