Monday, November 27, 2023

Sweet Friends Building a Snowman

Today, I'm sharing a simple winter scene with two friends trying to save a melty snowman. Some days, I feel like the snowman, and other days, I'm building the snowman. Actually, let's be real... I usually feel like the melty snowman! Ha.

I'm also playing along with MFT's current color challenge. Here's the front and inside of the card:



I stamped two characters from the Neat & Tangled "Holiday Helpers Stamptember 2018" stamp set and two characters from MFT's "JB Snow Happy" stamp set with Memento black ink and colored them with Copics. I fussy cut all of the characters and then focused on the background.

I cut two 4" x 5.25" pieces of white cardstock, then used Distress Oxides (Tumbled Glass and Prize Ribbon) with MFT's "Cloud" stencil on one of them. I took the other blank cardstock piece and used the largest die from MFT's Stitched Rounded Arch STAX to cut out the center. I used foam dots to pop up the cut-out layer above the cloud layer.

I cut a small rectangle from white cardstock and used MFT's "Sand and Surf" die set to create the snow drift on the front (4" x 1"). I used glue and foam dots to adhere the snow drift, animals, and melty snowman to the front of the card, then used a Zig glue pen and Distress Rock Candy Glitter to cover the snowman and snow. I stamped a sentiment from the Snow Happy set, slightly curving the clear stamp so it would stamp in an arch. I used the banner die from MFT's "Tag Builder Blueprints 7" to cut out the sentiment and popped it up with foam dots on the front of the card.

Finally, I glued the second snowman inside the card and added a sentiment from the Holiday Helpers set. Now it's ready for mailing... once I figure out whom to send it to!

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
  • Neat & Tangled/Simon Says Stamp "Holiday Helpers" (Stamptember 2018) stamp set
  • My Favorite Things "JB Snow Happy" stamp set
  • My Favorite Things "Cloud" stencil
  • My Favorite Things "Stitched Rounded Arch STAX" die set
  • My Favorite Things "Sand and Surf" die set
  • My Favorite Things "Tag Builder Blueprints 7" die set
Other products used:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Various cardstock by My Favorite Things
  • Zig Glue Pen
  • Glue (Art Glitter Glue)
  • Ranger Rock Candy Glitter
  • Distress Oxides: Tumbled Glass and Prize Ribbon
  • Foam dots
Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment