Saturday, November 11, 2023

Magical Christmas Double Decker Box Card

After I completed my pirates and mermaids double-decker box card (yes, that's what I've decided to call it!), I wanted to do it again with a festive theme. Today, I'm sharing my Magical Christmas Double-Decker Box Card!

I created a 6" x 4.25" x 2.5" 3D box, then cut used a Spellbinders rectangle die to cut out a window. I colored and fussy cut all of my elements (see materials list at the bottom of this post). I speckled light-blue cardstock with Ranger Mica Spray (Frozen Fog) and Ranger Distress Spray Stain (Picket Fence), then cut my panels to cover each side.


I used cardstock from the MFT Floor to Ceiling paper pad for the wallpaper in the house, then cut 5" wide strips to attach the characters. I used an ancient Stampin' Up paper pack (wood-patterned) for the floor and adapted one of the stamps from MFT's On Solid Ground stamp set for the roof. I added sloped, stitched snowbanks to the outside, covering them with Ranger Rock Candy Glitter. For the sky background (3.9" x 9"), I used MFTs Mini Cloud Edges stencil and some Distress Oxide inks (Tumbled Glass and Prize Ribbon). I carefully glued everything together, taking time to fold the card flat to ensure everything worked properly.

My goal was for the front to look like a vignette into the house, with Santa on the roof, and the other three sides should be a view of the outside.





Here's a video of the finished card:


List of stamps/dies/stencils used on this card - ALL BY MY FAVORITE THINGS:
  • BB Secret Santa stamp set
  • SY On Solid Ground stamp set
  • SY Holiday Hello stamp set
  • SY Cozy Companins stamp set
  • YUZU Nobody Nose Me Like You Do stamp set
  • YUZU Holly Jolly Santa stamp set
  • BB Sittin' Pretty stamp set
  • Mini Cloud Edges stencil
  • Gingerbread House Die-Namics
  • Stitched Slimline Snow Drifts Die-Namics
  • JB Treetop Die-Namics
  • Merry Christmas Die-Namics
  • Our Town Die-Namics
  • Let It Snowflake Too Die-Namics
  • Sweet Snowflakes Die-Namics
  • Floor to Ceiling Paper Pad

Other products used:
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Card Creator Matting Basic Dies
  • Stampin' Up Paper (wood-patterned)
  • White and light blue cardstock
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers
  • Art Glitter Glue
  • Ranger Mica Spray (Frozen Fog)
  • Ranger Distress Spray Stain (Picket Fence)
  • Distress Oxide Inks - Tumbled Glass and Prize Ribbon
  • Zig Glue Pen
  • Ranger Rock Candy Glitter
  • Foam dots
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment