Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Festive Hanukkah Ornament Card

Today, I'm sharing something a little different from my usual creations: a Hanukkah card for a colleague.



This is actually the first Hanukkah card I've ever made, so I hope she'll like it. It was a fairly simple card, as the ornament die on the front is called "Star Ornament Layer 1" by Paper Rose, with the plaid background "Layered Plaid Cover Die A" by Altenew. The sentiment inside is from the 2019 Stamptember set "Festive Flower" by Gina K/Simon Says Stamp. I also cut a 2.75" circle from white cardstock that I used behind the ornament die, as the open lines were confusing in front of the plaid.

I painted the star, ornament topper and chain with gold alcohol inks and covered the lines on the white part of the ornament with Ranger Rock Candy glitter. I'm not sure how well the sparkle shows up in the photo, so here's a quick video:


List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
  • Paper Rose "Star Ornament Layer 1" die set
  • Altenew "Layered Plaid Cover Die A" die
  • Gina K/Simon Says Stamp "Festive Flower" 2019 Stamptember stamp set
  • 2.75" circle die (from a nesting die set)
Other products used:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Various cardstock by My Favorite Things
  • Glue (Art Glitter Glue)
  • Ranger Rock Candy Glitter
  • Zig glue pen
  • Gold Metallic Alcohol Ink (Ranger)
Happy Hanukkah!

No comments:

Post a Comment