Monday, May 31, 2021

Happy Birthday Cupcake Card

I needed a birthday card, so I decided to play with textures (with Copics, sparkle paste and embossing powder).. I'm also playing along with the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes).

My card measures 5" x 7". The main image is called Teen & Cupcake Digital Stamp by Sweet Escape Digis. I loved how happy and celebratory she looks and wanted to make her the focal point of the card.

I printed her on Copic XPress-It Blending Card and colored her with Copics. I fussy cut her, then began focusing on the background. 

I cut a 4.75" x 6.75" panel of black cardstock, then used Turquoise Sea Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel, a palette knife, and the My Favorite Things Card-Sized Confetti Stencil Set. I layered one of the stencils over the black cardstock and carefully spread the glitz gel with the palette knife. I peeled the stencil away and heat-set everything with my embossing heat gun. 

I cut a 5.5" x 0.75" strip of vellum. I ran my Embossing Buddy across it and stamped the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. (The sentiment is from My Favorite Things' Sugar-Coated Sentiments stamp set.) I heat-set it with my embossing heat gun and Ranger Super Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder.

I layered the girl on my black, glittered cardstock panel, then wrapped the vellum sentiment around her (gluing it to the back of the panel). I attached my finished panel to the front of my card, and the birthday card is ready to go!

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

  • Teen & Cupcake Digital Stamp (Sweet Escape Digis)
  • Sugar-Coated Sentiments Stamp Set (My Favorite Things)
  • Card-Sized Confetti Stencil Set (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Black, white and turquoise cardstock
  • Turquoise Sea Gina K Glitz Gel
  • Palette knife
  • Embossing heat gun (Chandler Tool Dual Temp)
  • Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad
  • Ranger Super Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder
  • Embossing Buddy
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
Have a sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment