Sunday, May 16, 2021

Stay Salty Mermaid Card

Last year, I colored a ton of mermaids during MerMay, so I haven't felt like coloring any more for a while. It's MerMay again, so I figured I should color at least ONE in 2021. I'd purchased and printed this lovely mermaid nearly a year ago, so it's time to color her up!

This lovely sea lady is a digital stamp called "Mermaid Lovely" (by KristaSmithStamps on Etsy). I printed her (last year) on Copic XPress-It Blending Card.

Before I began coloring, I stamped a sentiment from the May 2021 My Monthly Hero Kit (Hero Arts) with Memento Tuxedo Blank Ink, so I wouldn't color over that spot. I grabbed my Copics and colored her in warm brown, gold and red tones.

I finished the card by trimming the colored panel to 4"  x 5.25" and mounted it on a piece of black cardstock. I added a few clear, glass drops for some texture.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Clear glass drops
Have a fintastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment